Looking for more to do with your four-legged friend? City of Memphis has announced that dog parks are open. With nicer weather approaching and many looking for a reason to get outside, this is great news!
Locations of the Memphis Dog Parks
Memphis dog parks are open! Many families with four-legged members have been waiting for this to happen. Being open from dawn to dusk allows for all day fun.
Here are the Memphis locations:
- Tobey Park, 2599 Avery
- Overton Bark at Overton Park, 1914 Poplar Avenue
- Sea Isle Park, 1355 Estate
- Mud Island Park, 855 Island
Know the Rules
Additionally, Memphis dog parks have a few new rules that park visitors need to be aware of. Below are some of the rules for visitors that City of Memphis has announced:
- First of all, a mask must be worn.
- Comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Have leash or voice control of your dog to comply with social distancing guidelines and site-specific rules and regulations.
- Do not need to handle water dishes, toys, etc.
- Do not let dogs share water dishes, toys, etc.
- Finally, have your own dog waste bag just in case there are non-available. Please make sure to take waste bags with you to dispose of properly.
Before your outing, visit the City of Memphis Dog Park page for a complete list of their rules and regulations.
More Dog Parks in the Memphis Area
The Outback Off-Leash Dog Park at the northeastern side of Shelby Farms Park. You can enter through Gates 11, 12, and 13 which are located on Trinity Road and Raleigh-Lagrange Road. This park is a great place to let your pup run wild. Due to changes often, make sure to check the website for rules and regulations before making the trip.